UKMT


The UK Mathematics Trust (UKMT) is a registered charity whose aim is to advance the education of children and young people in Mathematics. UKMT organizes national mathematics competitions and certain mathematical enrichment activities. The UKMT was established in 1996 and last year had entries from 650,000 students from approximately 4500 schools.

There are three different competitions

• Senior (G12 and below)
• Intermediate (G10 and below)
• Junior (G8 and below)


The Junior and Intermediate Challenges are aimed at pupils in the relevant year groups. The Senior Challenge is aimed at students who are aged 16-19 studying mathematics, but are not at University.

The Maths Challenge question papers are completed at NIS before being returned to England for marking by the UKMT. The duration of the Senior Challenge is 90 minutes, whereas the and the Intermediate and Junior Challenges last for 60 minutes.

Each of the papers comprises of 25 multiple choice questions. The structure of questions is such that 60% are intended to be accessible to the majority of good candidates, whereas the remaining 40% are intended to stretch even the most capable students. Depending on student performance, Gold, silver and bronze certificates are awarded. The most successful participants at each level are invited to enter follow-on rounds; Kangaroos (multiple choice questions) or Olympiads requiring full written answers.


On an annual basis we enter our most able mathematicians from selected year groups to participate in this competition. Nada International School enters pupils for the Junior Individual challenge which allows our students from Grade 5,6 & 7 to compete against students from the UK and other International schools in questions which test mathematical reasoning and precision of thought. This is intended to be an enjoyable forum to test the knowledge and skills of our most capable students against likeminded children from all over the world.

Welcome to NIS
Chairman
Meet The Team
Vision and Mission
Accreditation
History
Facilities
Contact Us
Academic Overview
Primary School
Middle School
High School
IGCSE-AS-A2
Mathematics
English
Science
ICT
Arabic
PE
Art
Social Studies
Show My Homework
Pastoral
Learning Support
Houses
Rewards
Community Service
Exams
Handbook
Term Dates
Projects
CIE Exam Results
High Achievers
Newsletter
Stationary
Inquisitor
Book Week
Maths Week
Science Week
ICAS
UKMT
Activities
School Fees
School Uniform
T & C
Applications
Scholarships
Why NIS
Job Vacancies
NIS - All Rights Reserved 2016